[paranoia] Re: Unable to extract some tracks

David Crookes david at crimbles.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 11:02:07 PST 2001

Hi,

> Is this CD nearly 80 minutes? If not, this could be either an
> 'extended' CD (with a data session at the end) confusing the cdrom
> drive/paranoia... or maybe one of the new copy protection schemes
> rearing its ugly head.

53 minutes or so. I think the latter is the explanation. The disk is Natalie
Imbruglia "White Lilie's Island", UK. I noticed on the back:

"(c) 2001 Cactus Data Shield 200 by Courtesy Of Midbar Tech LTD, Tel-Aviv,
Israel."

Sniffing around I found:

http://uk.eurorights.org/issues/cd/bad/
http://uk.eurorights.org/issues/cd/docs/natimb.shtml

Musically it plays fine on all CD players & my CDROM drive.

On my SCSI, DVD-ROM, I only get tracks 1-5 recognised by cdparanoia.
cdda2wav does really really badly, getting only track 1.