[paranoia] Track '0' problem

bvdpoel at uniserve.com bvdpoel at uniserve.com
Sun Nov 4 16:14:18 PST 2001

When ripping with a command line:

        cdparanoia -B

I sometimes get an empty track 0. Of course, no such track exists... and
using the line

        cdparanoia -B 1-10

works just fine. The funny thing is that very few disks exhibit this
problem. I had the problem a few months ago with some CD which were over
60 minutes long and though that the total length might be the
connection; but I got hit yesterday with a 38 minute CD, so that isn't
it.

The funny thing is that cdparanoia is the only program I have which
seems to be seeing this mythical track 0.

Oh, I should list the output:

bob: cdparanoia -B
cdparanoia III release 9.7 (December 13, 1999)
(C) 1999 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Ripping from sector       0 (track  0 [0:00.00])
          to sector  177119 (track 10 [4:09.29])

outputting to track00.cdda.wav

csi_read error: sector=0 length=7 retry=0
                 Sense key: 5 ASC: 63 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Illegal SCSI request (rejected by
target)
                 System error: Invalid argument

This error message continues until the mytical track is completed..

csi_read error: sector=2 length=1 retry=8
                 Sense key: 5 ASC: 63 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Illegal SCSI request (rejected by
target)
                 System error: Invalid argument
 (== PROGRESS == [Vee                           | 000036 00 ] == :^D *
==)

outputting to track01.cdda.wav

The rest of the disk is fine. The 'problem' occurs when I burn a new CD
and I forget to delete track00, and I get a nice, short, empty track at
the beginning of the new CD.

EMAIL: bvdpoel at uniserve.com
WWW:   http://users.uniserve.com/~bvdpoel