[paranoia] hidden tracks

Aaron Gage agage at csee.usf.edu
Sat May 26 13:36:27 PDT 2001

Okay, doing  cdparanoia "0"  did the trick.  Many thanks.

I might have had more success when I first tried this if I'd attempted to
use a different CD-ROM drive.  The one that I used for the rest of my
rips identifies itself as ATAPI compatible CREATIVE CD5230E, but attempting
to read track 0 caused hard lockups.  Using my CD-RW drive, which identifies
itself as ATAPI compatible CREATIVECD-RW RW121032E, I was able to read off
the track without further difficulty.

I find it odd that two drives from the same maker would behave differently
in this regard, but there you go.

Again, thanks for the tips.  The CD collection has been converted, and
it sounds great.

--Aaron