[paranoia] CD too large to copy?

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Tue May 1 21:09:23 PDT 2001

Me> *Shrug* cdrecord [1] will read the section of a CD-R that tells
Me> you how many blocks are available, then ask for confirmation if
Me> you are trying to write more than that many blocks.

I hate it when I forget to fill in a footnote.

[1] http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

Another useful page of his, relevant to the current discussion, is a
listing of various media with the capacities as read off the blanks:

   http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cd-cap.html

And, if you're really bored, here's the last page of my CD collection,
listed in increasing order by CD length:

   http://slinky.scrye.com/~tkil/cgi/browse-cds?mode=all_cds;sort=length;page=17

A quick glance tells me that I have 46 discs with more than 74:59
total running time.  Out of 1763 CDs, that comes to about 2.6%.  Hm...
I should do a histogram plot of that.

Happy hacking,
t.