[paranoia] Popping errors patch

DJ Art djart at linux.gr
Fri Jun 29 00:21:35 PDT 2001

On Friday 29 June 2001 01:46, Jason wrote:
> Several ATAPI CDROM drives I've tried produce popping noises in the
> .wav files they create.

I've seen this happening because of scratches (deep BIG scratches. man,
some humans do not respect their CD's, it's a pity ;->  )

> I'm not sure exactly why, and I haven't
> checked whether
> they're always in the exact same place coming from different drives.

I've also seen a specific CD that has a problem (though, with bare eye
I cannot see a serious scratch, cdparanoia produces V) at a specific
exact same place (particular seconds on the last track) on all drives.

--
DJ Art (aka Kyritsis Athanasios) <djart at hellug.gr>
Studying Electrical & Computer Engineering @ UPatras