[paranoia] CDParanoia doesn't work on my machine

Tim Whitehead tmwhitehead at students.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 15 23:29:47 PDT 2001

Yeah, just type %> play name_of_wav_file.wav and it should work. Where ¨%>¨ is
your command prompt.

I can´t much help you with your CD player problems, sorry.

tw

Le jour Sun Jul 15, 2001 at 09:21:12PM -0700, t test (beonjunk at yahoo.com) a écrit...

> I'm running Linux(RH 7.1) with an ATAPI CD-ROM (it's
> an ancient CD-ROM, just 4X!). The cdparanoia
> can recognise the CD in the drive and returns
> a full list of the tracks when queried with
> the -Q option, and it also insists the drive
> can read CDDA (expected command set reads OK,
> it says).
>
> But when I convert the file to an MP3 file using
> lame (I don't have a .wav player), all I get is
> static. Other .wav files that I've downloaded from
> the web play fine, it's just anything I create with
> cdparanoia.
>
> While ripping the tracks, I keep getting the
> :-P symbol, which apparently means that there was
> a loss of streaming ... I presume this is part of
> the problem. I've tried both the -c and -C options,
> but that produced the same result!
>
> Can anyone help? Maybe point me at a .wav player
> that will play the .wav files directly so I
> can verify that cdparanoia is indeed the problem?
> Or perhaps suggest something else to put me on the
> right track?
>
> Maya.

Timothy Mark Whitehead			// Sophomore, UW - Madison
tmwhitehead(at)students.wisc.edu	// Intended Major: Computer Engineering
tigmoid(at)146.151.75.25(don´t use now)	// SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COLLEGE STUDENT!
whitehea(at)cs.wisc.edu			// -- UW-Navs, UW-Band, UW-Trumpet
tigmoid(at)jps.net			// Do you, eh, look at headers?