[paranoia] cdparanoia from cgi

Robert Morrissey rob at crazymoose.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 06:26:13 PST 2001

Hi,

    I'm not sure if anyone would have had reason to come across this
problem - I can only hope.

I'm using cdparanoia as the ripper in a cgi script that I've written to rip
and encode CDs. I've written it in cgi so that many people can rip cds over
our office intranet. The script work perfectly when run from the comman
line, but in cgi it crashes.

On each CD it'll crash at a different point (sometimes at the beginning,
sometimes later on almost at the end), but for each cd it always crashes at
the same point.

CD paranoia is being called over an array, ripping each track
individually... but it gets to a point where one of the tracks will always
cause it to quit. When doing an strace on the script ripping it I get the
ERESARTSYS returned when it exits/crashes.

Basically my question is this: has anyone else had any experience/success
with running cdparanoia from a perl cgi script running as nobody?

Thanks in advance,

    Robert Morrissey