[paranoia] Not the typical `shared libraries' problem...

J. Nestlerode Nestlerode at usa.dupont.com
Fri Aug 3 07:00:40 PDT 2001

Hello.

Thank you for the quick reply, and I'd like to compliment you on a fine
piece of software.  I still don't quite understand how to fix this,
however.  I thought `make install' installed the new binary and libs at
the same time, as this output seems to indicate:

root /usr/local/cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8 >> make install
install -d -m 0755 /usr/local/bin
install -m 0755 ./cdparanoia /usr/local/bin
install -d -m 0755 /usr/local/man
install -d -m 0755 /usr/local/man/man1
install -m 0644 ./cdparanoia.1 /usr/local/man/man1
install -d -m 0755 /usr/local/include
install -m 0644 ./paranoia/cdda_paranoia.h /usr/local/include
install -d -m 0755 /usr/local/lib
install -m 0644 ./paranoia/libcdda_paranoia.so.0.9.8 /usr/local/lib
install -m 0644 ./paranoia/libcdda_paranoia.a /usr/local/lib
install -m 0644 ./interface/cdda_interface.h /usr/local/include
install -m 0644 ./interface/libcdda_interface.so.0.9.8 /usr/local/lib
install -m 0644 ./interface/libcdda_interface.a /usr/local/lib
install -m 0644 ./utils.h /usr/local/include
ln -fs libcdda_interface.so.0.9.8 \
        /usr/local/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0
ln -fs libcdda_interface.so.0.9.8 \
        /usr/local/lib/libcdda_interface.so
ln -fs libcdda_paranoia.so.0.9.8 \
        /usr/local/lib/libcdda_paranoia.so.0
ln -fs libcdda_paranoia.so.0.9.8 \
        /usr/local/lib/libcdda_paranoia.so

What am I missing here?  (As I mentioned previously, /usr/local/lib *is*
in my ld.so.config and I have run ldconfig after every attempted
compile/install.)

In the meantime, I have downloaded the statically linked version and
have been using that.  I just bugs me that I can't figure this out:-/