[paranoia] Extracting the MDH-Soundtrack ...

Richard Gellman ricky at rickynet.net
Wed Mar 29 14:17:31 PST 2000

the old 80 minute cd problem again
certain CD drives have big problems reading 80 minute cds. the DAE (digital
audio extraction)
often results in errors on the last 2 or 3 tracks and a slow ripping
process.

Some rare cd players also have the same problem reading 80 minute cds, and
have a tendency to
skip over parts of the tracks. CD paranoia treats this as 'jitter' and tries
to correct it (hence
it takes longer).

The only solution it seems is either upgrade the cd drive firmware (risky,
not guaranteed to work)
or change your cd drive.

--Ricky (ricky at rickynet.net)
www.rickynet.net (unfinished)