[paranoia] Extracting the MDH-Soundtrack ...

Pablo Lachmann palmann at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 14:04:02 PST 2000

Hi all,

ince I don't know _exactly_ what this mailinglist is all about, please
let me know if my question is OT!

I'd tried to extract the ``Million Dollar Hotel''-Soundtrack (U2) from
an original CD (german release) when I get some serious problems at the
2nd last track until the last track. cdparanoia gives up to correct the
data ;-(, the process becomes *very* slow and the progress bar symbol is
an V. Similiar probs with cdrdao ...

Well, I guess this is a new method of copy protection, anybody else has
similiar experiences with the same or other CD's? BTW an older HIFI
cdplayer (Sony) of a friend has some problems with playing these tracks
correctly.

My burner is a IDE Ricoh 7040A with the ide-scsi simulation, loaded as
module. I'm using cdparanoia version III release alpha 9.6 on a SuSE
6.2, Kernel 2.2.10.

Thanks, Pablo

P.S.: Please let me know if this is the wrong place to ask such
questions or if you've already discussed this!

--
    ..::||======== TUNES FOR THE TAKIN' =======||::..