[paranoia] Streaming Errors

John Lawless jlawless at redwoodscientific.com
Sun Jun 18 21:31:15 PDT 2000

Monty,

     I have, for example, performed several reads in succession on a problem
track.  While no "V" or "!" appeared, the majority of the status bar was
filled with "+".  No two reads produced the same WAV file, as determined by
cmp.  This means that errors got through, doesn't it?

     (By contrast, on normal CDs, I find that successive reads using
cdparanoia produce whole disk WAV files that are byte-to-byte identical.)

John