[paranoia] Streaming Errors

John Lawless jlawless at redwoodscientific.com
Thu Jun 15 11:49:47 PDT 2000

     When should DAE be considered successful?

     Specifically, when cdparanoia reports many "+"s in the progress bar
(i.e. "Unreported loss of streaming/other error in read") and the output
smiley is often a ":-P" (i.e. "Unreported loss of streaming in atomic read
operation"), does this mean that errors have been successfully corrected or
should the resulting WAV file be considered unreliable?

     Normally, cdparanoia runs for me without any errors.  The exception is
a couple of Maxell CD-Rs I received that generate these streaming errors.

     Are there any runtime options to help with this type of problem?  (I
tried "-z" which seemed to help: after a run with many "+"s and 1 "V" , a
run with "+z" on the same CD produced many "+"s but no "V".)

John