[paranoia] IDE-SCSI problems

Michael Yoon michael at yoon.org
Fri Jul 7 23:06:04 PDT 2000

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting paranoia to work with IDE-SCSI
emulation (the messages on this subject that I found did
not solve my problem).

This is the output of running paranoia

$ cdparanoia -v -B "1-"

cdparanoia III release 9.6 (August 17, 1999)
(C) 1999 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device
                        /dev/scd0

$

I can play CD's just fine from the drive, so I don't think it's
a permissions problem.

When I configured the kernel, I turned off IDE CDROM support and
turned on SCSI emulation, SCSI CDROM support, and generic SCSI
support.

Everything shows up OK in /proc/scsi/scsi ...

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MITSUMI  Model: CD-ROM FX4820T!B Rev: D02A
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IDE-CD   Model: R/RW 4x4x24      Rev: 1.04
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I imagine I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure it out.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael