[paranoia] patch for CDDB info

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Jan 15 13:58:10 PST 2000

> Hi Folks,
>
> I wanted cdparanoia to generate the QUERY format for a CDDB query so
> that I could use it with cddbcmd and script the process of getting
> a complete request from the CDDB.

This can be done easily with an external script as well.

> So I added a command line parameter
> (-G) to the latest release to do so. The patch is below. It ain't
> rocket science, but I hope you find it useful... With the modified
> version of cdparanoia, I can use the following shell script to dump
> info on a CD:

If you're already using an external script...

I'm loathe to add any feature to core cdparanoia that is just as easily (or
more easily) done via external means.  The CDDB thing comes up every few
months.

I'll happily post/link the patch, but I prefer not to add it to the mainline.