[paranoia] CD-R ripping

Nick Davis nicholas-davis at utulsa.edu
Sun Jan 9 19:25:49 PST 2000

It seems when I use cdparanoia III 9.7 to rip audio from burned CDs, it
rips the tracks fine, except the last 5 seconds or so of the
track...which takes much longer to rip than the rest of the track.
cdparanoia seems to stall at the end of each track, but eventually
finishes.  When I encode the WAV to mp3, the sound is perfect, except
there is always a "blip" of static in the last five seconds.  This is
when most songs fade out into silence, at the end.  I know this is only
a very minor annoyance, but does anyone know why this happens for burned
CD-Rs and not pressed audio CDs?  The CDs I'm trying to rip aren't
scratched, and I've tried different encoders, all with the same result.

argoneus/IRL Nick Davis .o.o.o.o.o.o. argoneus at utulsa.edu
psychedelia.jmh.utulsa.edu

"World domination...and scantily clad females, of course.  Who cares if
it's below zero outside?"
-Linus Torvalds