[paranoia] Problem ripping copied CDs.

Jonathan Cromwell cromwell at ixpres.com
Fri Feb 25 19:12:01 PST 2000

 Hi - I've got a slightly funky problem that I'm curious to see if anyone else
is experiencing.

I'm using Paranoia 9.7 with the GUI ripperX.

Ripping a normal CD sounds great and works perfectly.

However, I've just ripped three CDs that aren't originals, but are copies
(made with whatever Windows software came with my HP7200e). Every ripped track
from the copied CDs sounds fine until the very end of the track where there is
an obnoxious half second burst of static. It's not a show stopper, but it is a
bit annoying.

Has anyone seen this sort of behavior before or have any suggestions?

regards - Jon