[paranoia] Paranoia Problems

Neil Masson nmasson at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Feb 25 07:34:28 PST 2000

Hi,

I am using cdparanoia v9.6 on a Linux Mandrake 7.0-2 distribution with
kernel version 2.2.14-9mdk.  First I was concerned that reading the
files in was taking a long time.  I would estimate that reading speed
was approximately 1.5 times the normal playing speed.  So I used the -S
option to try to speed things up.  Now, from time to time cdparanoia
gets stuck near the beginning of a track.  The animations look OK, but
the progress meter sticks to the left of the chart and nothing gets
written to file.

Command lines:

         cdparanoia -B "1-" ocean.wav

         cdparanoia -B -S24 -z "1-" ocean.wav

time reports (from the stuck case)
        144.95user 10.76system 9:40.24elapsed 26%CPU
        (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k 0inputs+0outputs
        (127major+192757minor)pagefaults 0swaps

Let me know if you need any further diagnostics.  Thanks for your support.

Cheers,
Neil Masson