[paranoia] howto: script to directly copy with cdparanoia

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 13:49:47 PST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Bob Marcan wrote:

> I like to copy from IDE cdrom with cdparanoia to SCSI cd writer with
> cdrecord
> cdparanoia .... /dev/cdrom | cdrecord .... -
>
> Is it possible and how ?

Well, you really don't want to do a pipe that way, because cdparanoia is
designed to (as the name emplies) be paranoid about the quality of the
data; this sometimes slows down reading.  cdparanoia isn't a realtime
application, although burning CDs really is.  What you really aught to do
is just to run cdparanoia -B in a temporary directory, and then use the
files generated to formulate your cdrecord command line.

 -- Peter

If it wasn't bleeding, and I was blindfolded, I might put that in my mouth...
                -- Mairi