[paranoia] Ripping With Multiple Drives

Nathan Heagy nathan at shell.vividworks.com
Tue Sep 21 10:20:24 PDT 1999

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Rob Ross wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> As far as telling when a drive is done, we eject the CD when finished. You
> can then poll the drive occasionally with a little perl code:

I'd like to do this as well.

Another thing we need it to put tracks in a different directory for each
CD. Perhaps named by artist or product code, something to differentiate
them. Current idea is to ask the user to enter the name when the cd is
entered.

> # begin random perl code
> if (system("cdparanoia -qQ -d $cddev")) {
>    #
>    # NO CD IN THE DRIVE (OR SOME OTHER ERROR)
>    #
> }
> # end random perl code
>
> I am using a highly modified ripit-1.5 distribution to extract the tracks
> and queue jobs.  The package is available from:

Intersting. I'll look at this for sure.

Thanks,

-  Nathan Heagy  -
- -[ eAndroid ]- - -[vividworks.com]- -[heagy.com]-