[paranoia] Update to: TEAC is slow ripping (I looked at the FAQ)

Left Hand of Xenu bscott at ip8.usw1.rb1.pdx.nwlink.com
Tue Oct 19 01:04:40 PDT 1999

   > I just tried it, no luck. One odd thing I noticed it that paranoia
   > says the drive doesn't have mmc cdda but dmesg says the drive is mmc
   > style just like my matshita CD-R drive.

   The uniform driver is confused (not surprising.  CDROM firmware is diverse to
   the point of absurdity).  BTW, what does cdparanoia say when run with -v?  I
   know you sent that info already, I just don't have it handy.

cdparanoia III release 9.7 (October 8, 1999)
(C) 1999 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                generic device: /dev/sg0
                ioctl device: /dev/scd0
                CDROM sensed: TEAC CD-ROM CD-532S 3.0A

Checking for SCSI emulation and transport revision...
        Drive is SCSI

Checking for MMC style command set...
        Drive does not have MMC CDDA support
Verifying CDDA command set...
        Expected command set reads OK.
This command set may use a Force Unit Access bit.
Checking drive for FUA bit support...
        Drive accepted FUA bit.

Looking at revision of the SG interface in use...
        New style SG with scatter/gather memory management
        DMA scatter/gather table entries: 127
        table entry size: 32768 bytes
        maximum theoretical transfer: 1769 sectors
        Setting default read size to 13 sectors (30576 bytes).

Attempting to determine drive endianness from data.......
        Data appears to be coming back little endian.
        certainty: 100%

   Right now, the speed set command depends on the Uniform driver, and also only
   works for ATAPI (I didn't notice the SCSI-ness of the drive at first, sorry).
   Cdparanoia will be given the capability to hunt for speed setting commands like
   it can cdda commands in the future, but it can't do it yet.

Soon! I could die of old age waiting for the rip to finish a 2x! :-)

Thank you, bye.

--
They laughed at Louis Pasteur       |    "finger" me    |   I love humanity,
They laughed at Isaac Newton        |     for my pgp    |   It's just people