[paranoia] Update to: TEAC is slow ripping (I looked at the FAQ)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Oct 18 23:30:50 PDT 1999

> I just tried it, no luck. One odd thing I noticed it that paranoia
> says the drive doesn't have mmc cdda but dmesg says the drive is mmc
> style just like my matshita CD-R drive.

The uniform driver is confused (not surprising.  CDROM firmware is diverse to
the point of absurdity).  BTW, what does cdparanoia say when run with -v?  I
know you sent that info already, I just don't have it handy.

Right now, the speed set command depends on the Uniform driver, and also only
works for ATAPI (I didn't notice the SCSI-ness of the drive at first, sorry).
Cdparanoia will be given the capability to hunt for speed setting commands like
it can cdda commands in the future, but it can't do it yet.

Monty