[paranoia] cdparanoia and DVD...

Nathan O. Siemers nathan at dnase.hpw.pri.bms.com
Tue Oct 12 08:04:34 PDT 1999

My hitachi DVD looks and acts as a atapi cdrom on linux, with no real
problems (aside from an occasional inability to open the cd door,
generic scsi bug?).

nathan

Friedrich Schunn <tefs at anton.rz.tu-harburg.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Can anyone tell if "cdparanoia" works with DVD as well as it does with
> standard CDROMS.
>
> I don't expect much problems with SCSI-Devices but what about
> ATAPI-DVD??? Has anybody had any experience with Pioneer A03S??
>
> Or are there some other things to know regarding DVD? I'm running
> Linux 2.0.36 and I hope that an ATAPI DVD will work as well as an
> ATAPI-CDROM.
>
> Thanks.

> Paranoia homepage: http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

N a t h a n   O .  S i e m e r s
Bioinformatics
Division of Applied Genomics
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute
Hopewell Building 3B, P.O. Box 5400, Princeton, NJ 08543-5400
609 818-6568
siemersn at bms.com