[paranoia] Is this spec ok with you?

David Philippi david at torangan.saar.de
Wed Dec 22 16:07:39 PST 1999

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 11:50:50AM -0500, Peter Jones wrote:

> I did some moderately ugly stuff with the version ("alpha9.7" isn't the
> cleanest version number in the world) in order to have a nice clean

Yes that was a point I also wanted to change. Using "realver" and "ver"
works quite well but I still don't like it very much. It looks still ugly to
me... but I don't have any better idea yet except taking cdparnoia out of
alpha state - I would not call 9.7 alpha anymore. Using a other OS it would
probably be around version 3.x and less stable :-) (At least if it was
written by a company - no offence to Monty meant.)
But at least my ideat o use /usr instead of /usr/local was quite well.
It's a very annoying bug of redhat that /usr/local/lib isn't in
/etc/ld.so.config.

Bye David