[paranoia] RPM version of alpha 9.7

David Philippi david at torangan.saar.de
Tue Dec 21 15:26:14 PST 1999

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 10:16:17AM -0500, Peter Jones wrote:

> FWIW, its a 1 character fix (you can guess which one) to make it work with
> 9.7

You should better not maintain the specfile :-)
If you compare the %install and %files sections of the 9.6 and 9.7 specfile
you will find that they are quite different...

But to be honest the "some byte" (read below) change was my first try also and
that it didn't work was the main reason why I started this discussion. I
suppose nearly everyone can learn in a few minutes what to get a new version
working the way you mentioned. But in this case I took a look in the install
section of the Makefile...
I don't suppose that everyone would like to do this and I don't think that
everyone should need to do it. This should only be done by people like me
who do such things just for the fun of learning something new and help other
persons with the result.

Also to be pedantic you can't make it with one byte: you have to change the
version statement and the name of the source file - makes 2 bytes.
If you now also make a changelog you will get heavy problems using only one
byte... ;-)

Bye David