[paranoia] Problems with PPPD?

Simon Quinn simon.quinn at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 31 02:27:14 PDT 1999

I've had a problem with PPPD and cdparanoia for quite a while now and
thought I would ask if anybody else experiences the same or has a fix.

When cdparanoia is extracting from my SCSI cdrom drive it usually causes
PPPD to stop transferring data across the modem. It doesn't crash PPPD
as when I stop cdparanoia PPPD starts transferring data again. It may be
causing problems with the serial port and not necessarily PPPD itself.

I've had this problem on various version of the Linux kernel.
Current setup:
RedHat 6.0, Kernel v2.2.12, SCSI CDROM, Pentium Celeron 450, ABit BH6
motherboard.

Thanks
Simon Quinn, UK