[paranoia] bug!

Jens Röder j.roeder at tu-bs.de
Sun Aug 22 12:08:34 PDT 1999

Hi,

well, I just had a nice crash of my system because of cdparanoia.

cdparanoia got stuck in an uninterruptible sleep

It didn't answer to a kill -9
!!!!

I tried to find the problem, started the program again four further times
with different options. Always the same problem, went into sleep and put
up the system load to 5!

I think there was a conflict maybe with another cdreading program. But
anyway, this shouldn't result in such a disaster. Finally I desided to
reboot the server with the result, that the devices couldn't be unmounted,
because /dev/cdrom got stuck in a mode: "lost ... to cdrom" (something
like that).

Well, that's it!

Hope you find the bug!

Jens

                    Jens Röder, Bienroder Weg 54/1105, 38108 Braunschweig
http://octopus.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/homepages/jens/
                Wer nicht von dreitausend Jahren
                Sich weiss Rechenschaft zu geben,
                Bleibt im Dunkeln unerfahren,