[paranoia] Recording more than one track

Steve Ridley stever at insnet.com.au
Mon Aug 16 18:04:25 PDT 1999

Hello paranoids.

I have a problem using CDparanoia which may not be a problem but rather a
feature. I can rip single tracks from a CD successfully. In fact compared to
other rippers I have used with my set up, it is brilliant. The problem is it
only works if I rip one track at a time. If I try to rip several tracks
everything seems to go into slow motion. The CD player (adapi) sort of
chugs, it sounds like it is starting and stopping and CDparanoia shows no
progress and just sits there forever. Has anyone seen this behaviour. Or is
track at a time the only way to rip. So far everyone I have asked has said
they always rip track at a time and have never tried to do more than one.
Personally I want to rip whole CD's otherwise I will end up with too many
files to manage.

Steve