[Paranoia-dev] cdparanoia and FreeBSD kernel

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Sep 8 18:20:27 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Petr Salinger<Petr.Salinger at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please could you include support also for FreeBSD.
>
> Please take the 07-kfreebsd.patch.gz patch from
> http://bugs.debian.org//cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540802
>
> Thanks for considering it.

Hi,

I have no way of testing it and prefer not to adopt patches I can
neither test nor maintain.  I don't mean to discourage ports, nor
would I object to a freebsd maintainer who was willing to contribute
to the project by reviewing patches on an ongoing basis, or maintain
an external port (as is down now).  But for now, any 'official'
support of other OSes would be completely blind, and likely to break
with every change I make without me even knowing :-(

Cdparanoia is very specific to a given kernel and I see no easy way of
changing that.

Monty