[paranoia-dev] xmms plugin?

Giuseppe Corbelli cowo at lugbs.linux.it
Sat Mar 1 10:15:39 PST 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 08:50:41AM -0800, Ron Andreasen wrote:
> I've been reading about a CDDA Paranoia plugin for
> xmms that would allow me to listen to (not rip) audio
> cds without the special analog audio cable.  I'd like
> to do this because I have a 4.1 audio system and I
> don't get any rear speaker sound when using analog
> mode.
>
> The only link I could find for this plugin says
> something like Access Fobidden.  I have a feeling that
> you had nothing to do with this plugin, so I'm kinda
> hoping you might have an alternative way for me to do
> what I wanna do.
I don't know about this plugin. Anyway, if you want to have Digital Audio
Play you may take a loot at Libmtrwe, following the link in the signature.
In the examples/dae directory you will find a _very RAW Digital Audio
Extractor. It uses cdparanoia library and libao for audio output, so it can
be customized to output to a live device. But beware, it is NOT meant to be
a full/usable player.

--
	Giuseppe "Cowo" Corbelli ~\/~ My software: http://cowo.yoda2000.net
  -<! When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare