[paranoia-dev] Setting up development environment for cdparanoia

Mikko Nummelin mnummeli at cc.hut.fi
Tue Feb 11 03:56:20 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, R.L. Horn wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Mikko Nummelin wrote:

>>   $HOME/src/test/bin/cdparanoia <arguments>

>> My changes did not appear, although I am sure, I patched for example the
>> only two (?) places in the code, where the messages

>> A possible scenario that I have for this problem is, that as I have (of
>> course) previously installed CDParanoia to /usr/... area, the
>> compilation might hardwire itself to the precompiled libraries rather
>> than my altered source code.

> You could fiddle with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to get the
> dynamic linker to load your own libraries but it's easier just not to link
> against them in the first place.

> You can build a static executable with 'make debug' (which adds a bunch
> of debugging code) or 'make STATIC=TRUE'.

> To merely link against the static cdda_* libraries without building a
> gigantic executable, edit Makefile and change:

> ifeq ($(STATIC),TRUE)
>         LIBS = interface/libcdda_interface.a paranoia/libcdda_paranoia.a \
>                 -static -lm

> ifeq ($(STATIC),TRUE)
>         LIBS = interface/libcdda_interface.a paranoia/libcdda_paranoia.a \
>                 -lm

> (note that all you do is get rid of the '-static' option).  Then 'make
> debug' or 'make STATIC=TRUE'.

in certain situations with Cactus Data Shield, has this issue come up
before and has somebody worked out how to:

(a) make cdParanoia run so that it expects only a single session in the
audio disc (and this way perhaps mimicking PlexTools)?

(b) overcome the situation where the CD is not identified as audio CD, but
it is known that audio data should appear there. Is it, for example, safe
to patch the program so that it simply ignores the audioflag and starts
asking frames from the CD as if they were audio frames?

(c) make multiple calls to seek for a valid TOC, and perhaps informing the
user about this situation, that user may select a supposed TOC from many
alternatives?

Is it true, that the CVS version matches exactly the latest downloadable
CDParanoia III? If not, then how does the current CVS version differ from
the "official" download by functionality, and are some parts of it known
to be broken?