[paranoia-dev] Possible new feature?

kohnb at outrider.triton.net kohnb at outrider.triton.net
Thu Oct 5 19:25:33 PDT 2000

On 5 Oct 2000, Matt McClure wrote:

> On Thu Oct 05 2000, 18:55, <kohnb at outrider.triton.net> wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to make it so that you could set a sample offset in
> > addition to the sector offset?
>
> I'm actually working on that very feature.  *But*, this is my first
> foray into the paranoia source.

Good luck, :-)

> Currently, I've modified it so you can use an environment variable to
> set a sample offset, and it rips all but the last track perfectly.
> However, the when ripping the last track, it ends with a (4 * sample
> offset) null bytes instead of the true values.

If I understand your problem correctly, it sounds like you'll need to add
that amount of sectors to the total value on the disc so that it continues
reading. That would be too easy a solution, though, I'll bet.

> I haven't had a lot of time to work on this, but I am still interested,
> and I intend to pursue it further.

Have you looked at how hard it would be to either accept a double as the
sector offset?

Thanks for your efforts..

Ben