[opus] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Opus merging streams

Andrew Sonzogni andrew at safehear.fr
Wed Apr 6 10:55:17 UTC 2022

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the warning about complex
algorithms as I was starting to check how conferencing application were
doing it.

My signal will approximately be the same on each channel as I only send
voice data. Also, I already send each channel on a different queue as to
decode and synchronize them correctly and independently.

So if I resume, it's better to decode, then use the sum of each channel
scaled by the square root of the number of channels.

Is that right ? Or is there some kind of trickier and better algorithms
that I'm not aware of ?

Sorry if my questions seems childish, I don't have that much experience
in audio based algorithms and it's kind of fascinating how much it can
be tricky to adjust correctly some parameters or even find the correct
algorithms for a certain use case.

Kind regards,

Andrew