[opus] Antw: [EXT] Re: Add CMake build instructions to README

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jun 25 09:07:09 UTC 2020

>>> Marcus Asteborg <xnorpx at outlook.com> schrieb am 24.06.2020 um 19:59 in
Nachricht
<8175_1593021574_5EF39486_8175_1287_1_DB3PR0602MB378816E9B5FC531496C4CE9FDF950 at D
3PR0602MB3788.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>:

configure only configures the software for build, not the OS ;-)
However there are systems that automatically install a build environment
(naturally before calling configure)

> Or is it assumed that the nix system already has it installed?

Probably the README informally states what is needed for building. For RPM
packages BuildRequires can state the requirements more formally (like having
specific mimimum versions of compiler, tools and libraries).