[opus] Int overflow fix not present in tree.

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Tue Sep 10 18:43:21 UTC 2019

Felicia Lim wrote:
> Hi Yves,
>
> At that time, the issue wasn't reproducible in opus master, but there
> had been some significant changes since the last tagged release that
> made it hard to pinpoint a single patch to cherry pick to Chromium,
> hence this local fix.

I'm not convinced that using a saturating add here is the correct thing
to do, either (as opposed to, say, multiplying out by the coefficients
individually).

Either way, there are exact analogs of this code in NSQ.c, as well as
all of the SIMD optimizations (x86/NSQ_sse4_1.c and
x86/NSQ_del_dec_sse4_1.c, arm/NSQ_del_dec_neon_intr.c, and
mips/NSQ_del_dec_mipsr1.h). If it is a possible issue in master, the fix
looks incomplete to me, at least.