[opus] openssl-dev, libtool, shared vs static

Emily Bowman silverbacknet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:11:38 UTC 2019

To build anything that needs openssl libraries on Ubuntu, you run

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

For libtool, the package is either libtool, or libtool-bin on newer
Ubuntu. Of course shared libraries won't be created if you don't have
libtool.

Aside from that, there should be error messages or warnings in the
configure or the make process. Can you attach those full logs, if you
can't find the error?

Emily Bowman