[opus] Metadata & Opus Files?

Sarah Szabo SarahSzabo at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:47:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm using a libopus enabled ffmpeg version on Kubuntu (Not that this should matter from what I've seen), and i'm interested in adding metadata (Such as Track Title/Artist) to my videos that I convert. How can I do this? I've seen the metadata usage and read the ffmpeg documentation, but I'm still uncertain.

I'm currently using command similar to: ffmpeg -ss 00:00:24.0 -i 40.mp4 -t 00:01:20.0 -y -b:a 320k 40.opus

for conversion to opus files.

This gets me the .opus file (At a certain specified time), but I've never seen how to add metadata to it. The solution doesn't necessarily have to be ffmpeg based. I have opusenc installed as well, but as far as I know, it doesn't add opus metadata to an already existing opus file.

Thanks!