[opus] [EXTERNAL] Re: Submitting a patch that exposes VAD voiced/unvoiced signal type

Freshman, Peter Peter.Freshman at nuance.com
Thu Jun 8 12:20:09 UTC 2017

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. You're correct in that we focused on enabling this just for SILK. Because our solutions are focused on voice, we did not explore doing the same in CELT mode, but we can certainly look into the details of analysis.c.

Regarding the concern of exposing internals, do you have a specific proposal in mind?

We've been sharing this patch with our customers over the last several months, and the preference obviously would be to have it in the public domain. We're interested in any opportunity to accelerate this.

Thanks,
Peter