[opus] 2 patches related to silk_biquad_alt() optimization

Linfeng Zhang linfengz at google.com
Tue Apr 25 00:03:17 UTC 2017

Hi Jean-Marc,

Tested on my chromebook, when stride (channel) == 1, the optimization has
no gain compared with C function.
When stride (channel) == 2, the optimization is 1.2%-1.8% faster (1.6% at
Complexity 8) compared with C function.

Please let me know and I can remove the optimization of stride 1 case.

If it's allowed to skip the split of A_Q28 and replace by 32-bit
multiplication (result is 64-bit), probably it could be faster on NEON.
This may change the encoder results because of different order of adding,
shifting and rounding.

Thanks,
Linfeng