[opus] Opus library build for decode only?

Ross Wille opus at cornerbrick.com
Thu May 12 16:29:30 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I would like a makefile or makefile option which excludes the encode source
code from the Opus build.

The reason I want this is that I am developing an embedded application which
requires decoding Opus but not encoding.  A decode-only build should be
much smaller than a full Opus build, which is an important consideration
for resource-limited platforms.

As someone pointed out on IRC, it's possible to link the application with
the static library and (using gcc tools) discard most of the unreferenced
object files.  However, the application needs to build cross platform (for
example, iOS and Android).

If anyone has thoughts or has worked on this, could you please let me know?

Thank you!

-Ross