[opus] A C# port of Opus is now stable

Logan Stromberg loganstromberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 23:24:15 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I am a very stubborn programmer who, in an attempt to avoid compiling C
code for a phone app, instead decided it would be easier to port the entire
opus codebase to C#.

That was 3 months ago. I believe the fruit of my efforts is now ready for
at least an alpha release to the public: this repository contains a fully
functional Opus encoder/decoder written in portable .NET:

https://github.com/lostromb/concentus

It's performance is lacking (because every pointer is a heap object, among
other things...), but it does have demonstrated parity with the reference
library in most use cases. Hopefully it will be useful to someone here.

For those who are about to ask: Yes, I do plan to coerce this into Java
code in the future; I would just like to finish the basic performance
optimizations first so that work doesn't have to be done twice.

Much respect to Jean-Marc Valin, the people in #opus who helped me out, and
everyone involved in making Opus the best audio codec ever.

- Logan