[opus] extracting SILK only FIXED POINT code

Logan Stromberg loganstromberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:37:51 UTC 2016

Ashutosh-
It sounds like you're trying to implement an Opus-like application but you
have a very constrained environment. If you just want the Silk portion of
the codec, then why not just ignore opus and use the silk codec directly?
The old SDK is still available in some places, like here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/bkvoice/downloads (Keep in mind that Opus
uses a modified version of Silk that is incompatible with the original)

Also, assuming you are working with very constrained memory/space, you
might want to know that CELT runs faster than SILK and I'd estimate that it
has a smaller footprint as well