[opus] extracting SILK only FIXED POINT code

Aleksandr Mikoff sir.enmity at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:33:58 UTC 2016

Hello, Ashutosh.
I am not pro here, but recently I made the same work.
1) You have to enable FIXED_POINT flag in your defines, you are right here.
2) Regarding the isolation of SILK and CELT code: I forced the codec to use
SILK-mode only and deleted all the references to the CELT (however, inside
encoder it uses some functions even in silk-mode).

> I need to extract SILK only FIXED POINT code. I have a couple of questions
> in this regard.
>

> 1.       Is it enough to enable compile time flag (FIXED_POINT) in the
> config.h, include silk_fixed library and exclude silk_float in the
> opus_demo project. I am working in the MSVC framework. Anyone has tried
> this before?
>
> 2.       It seems there is no compile time flag to enable SILK only code,
> the core SILK code is invoked at the run time, correct?  Obviously, there
> is a way to call SILK only code so it can be used get cycles for the SILK
> only mode, however, I want to separate the SILK only code to get the SILK
> only memory foot print. Has this been done before or if there is a
> cleaner/easier way to do this?
>

> Thanks for your time.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Ashutosh.
>

> This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its subsidiaries)
> confidential information. If it has been received in error, please advise
> the sender and immediately delete this message.

С уважением,
Миков Александр

IMU based localization:
https://youtu.be/ge9EXeF7SJs
RTL-Service (RealTrac) won EvAAL competition:
http://evaal.aaloa.org/2013/results-2013
RealTrac video presentation (in Russian):
http://youtu.be/8wI8_wiE8jQ