[opus] Using opus on ATMEL 32-bit RISC microcontroller

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Fri Aug 26 15:25:32 UTC 2016

Hi Daniele,

On 26/08/16 10:39 AM, Daniele Barzotti wrote:
> Have I any way to reduce the source footprint?
> (Eg. throw away unecessary files, if there are any..)

Well, the first question is whether you want encoding, decoding, or
both. If there's one you don't need then you can remove that
(unfortunately, there's no easy way right now). Even if you need both,
then you can still possibly trim some of the encoder. If you know that
you're always going to be encoding in SILK mode, or always in CELT-only
mode, then you can remove the encoder part you don't need. OTOH, a
decoder implementation has to be complete.

Other than that, there's a --disable-float-api configure flag
(corresponding to DISABLE_FLOAT_API in the code) that makes it possible
to shave a few kB off the image by dumping all support for
floating-point. There's also a SMALL_FOOTPRINT macro that you can define
that will make the code a little smaller.