[opus] SPEEX and OPUS questions and minor issues

Tristan Matthews tmatth at videolan.org
Wed Aug 3 19:11:22 UTC 2016

This is on my TODOOn Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 1:19 PM, dos386
<dos386 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks ...
>
>> Those links seem to work here.
>
> 2 links "http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org" redirect
> to "https://hydrogenaud.io" ... no "rarewares" subdomain
>
> "http://git.xiph.org/speex.git" maybe better
> "http://git.xiph.org/?p=speex.git;a=summary"
>
> "http://git.xiph.org/speexdsp.git" maybe better
> "http://git.xiph.org/?p=speexdsp.git;a=summary"
>
> "http://speex.org/roadmap" maybe just delete it?

I updated the links. As for the roadmap I will leave it alone for the
time being as it's archival at this point. The "obsolete" header
should probably just go on all the pages.
Jean-Marc: Can you confirm that the fixed-point implementations of
speex and speexdsp are complete? I can at least remove that from the
roadmap, if so.

>> splitting the resampler into its own lib, however it's not clear
>> if it would really be worth it.
>
> well ... so split off SpeexDSP docs at least

Yes, as I said this is on my TODO.

>>an easy-ish task for a newcomer to tackle
>
> Let me know what obvious needs to be written or proof-read.

So that would be the aforementioned split/rewrite of the docs. I'm
happy to help anyone who has time to tackle that.

Best,
Tristan