[opus] recommended opus bitrate / opusenc setting for general?

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sat Oct 24 21:01:14 PDT 2015

Hey.

I just wondered,... which is the recommended bitrate and further
settings of opusenc (like complexity and framesize) for general music
(e.g. including classical music) to achieve more or less transparency?
Talking about CD level audio (16bit; 44,1 kHz; Stereo)

The only source I could find regarding that was:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Opus#Music_encoding_quality

But that seems to imply that transparency is achieved with 256bit...
and "close to transparency" wit 128bit... and then I wonder why one
would need Opus, because I thought that's about the same for
AAC/MP3/Vorbis.

Cheers,
Chris.