[opus] Enabling bitcode for iOS

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Mon Oct 19 04:53:46 PDT 2015

Pavel Punsky <Pavel.Punsky at oovoo.com> wrote:
> What is the proper way of enabling bitcode on iOS platform?
> I pass -fembed-bitcode in CFLAGS but it looks like it does not work
> on assembly files.

You cannot use bitcode with assembly. It may be possible if someone
manually translates the asm into LLVM IR and then figures out how to
embed it directly in a .S file, but that seems like a ridiculous
amount of work for very little benefit (and would prevent further
refactoring of this code).

You will need to either use --disable-asm or not use bitcode.