[opus] Stereo voice not being retained

Orestes Zoupanos oresteszoupanos at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 10:49:27 PST 2015

Hey Kevin!

Once you start dropping under (I think) 32kbps, the codec naturally
starts losing stereo separation for the benefit of quality.
If you really want perfect stereo at 16kbps CBR (this is horrifically
low in my opinion) you might be better off splitting the audio and
encoding each part at 8kbps CBR.
Or, there may be a magic "enforce 100% stereo" one could pass? (doesn't
look like it at
https://mf4.xiph.org/jenkins/view/opus/job/opus-tools/ws/man/opusenc.html)

You can always ask stuff at the #opus channel at
https://webchat.freenode.net/