[opus] Compiling opus with emscripten: malloc_hook

Hraban Luyat hraban at 0brg.net
Tue May 5 12:07:01 PDT 2015

> Presence of __malloc_hook is explicitly tested by the autoconf script;
> line 593 of configure.ac in my local tree.
>
> It won't attempt to use it unless that tests passes; does the
> emscriptem stuff run the configuration tests in the correct target
> environment? Are you overriding the build system?
>
> It's not clear to me why its failing.

I'm not doing anything special, just the regular emscripten build instructions:

$ ./autogen.sh
$ emconfigure ./configure --prefix=/tmp --enable-fixed-point
$ emmake make

How do I check the targets?

The output from configure and make can be found here:

https://gist.github.com/hraban/d023b5f4be91fe987bde

There is an archive download link on the right.

Again, properly fixing this is one thing, just creating a work-around
to at least get it to build is another. For example, just skipping the
tests altogether when building under emscripten. It's a minor
improvement over the status quo, but an improvement nonetheless. And
probably worthwile.

What do you think?

If I knew anything about autotools I'd submit a patch myself, but alas.

Sincerely,

Hraban