[opus] Compiling opus with emscripten: malloc_hook

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue May 5 04:02:57 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Hraban Luyat <hraban at 0brg.net> wrote:
> gets me quite far, but it hangs on the use of __malloc_hook in the tests:
[...]
> As a work-around, I just %s/__malloc_hook/malloc_hook/g. I don't need
> the tests for emscripten so I don't care if this is correct or not.
>
> But does anyone know of a proper fix that could find its way back
> upstream? It would be nice if libopus were emscripten compatible out
> of the box.

Presence of __malloc_hook is explicitly tested by the autoconf script;
line 593 of configure.ac in my local tree.

It won't attempt to use it unless that tests passes; does the
emscriptem stuff run the configuration tests in the correct target
environment? Are you overriding the build system?

It's not clear to me why its failing.