[opus] OPUS on bare metal ARM

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Tue Aug 25 01:45:47 PDT 2015

On 8/25/15, 12:25 AM, Treuillard, Benjamin wrote:
> The aim of my project is to transmit voice over CAN bus.

CAN?  8 byte transactions.  CRC.  Bit stuffing on 5 bit repeats.
Automatic retransmits.  No ordering.

Really?  I guess if you *have* to, but I would pick pretty much *any*
interface standard *other* than CAN for audio.

> The main issue I have is that opus fail to allocate memory, the ALLOC
> macro always return a NULL pointer.

If you are on bare metal, does malloc even work in your *own* code?

I suspect your environment may not even have a valid malloc()
implementation if you are on bare metal.

-a